|As a member of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTOR®, a REALTOR® subscribes to a strict Code of Ethics. So, whether representing you or the seller, REALTOR® pledge to provide honest and ethical treatment for all parties involved in the transaction. Here are ways working with a REALTOR® works for you in terms of your convenience, your budget, and your overall satisfaction.
- A REALTOR® has extensive information all in one place about what is "on the market," including homes listed by other REALTOR®. You won't waste time looking at unsuitable homes.
- A REALTOR® helps you determine how much home you can afford, how you can acquire the down payment, and what financing options may be open to you.
- A REALTOR® can help you find the home best suited to your needs - size, style, features, location, accessibility to schools, transportation, shopping, etc.
- A REALTOR® can suggest simple changes that could make a prospective home more suitable for you and improve its utility and value.
- A REALTOR® can supply information on real estate values, taxes, utility costs, municipal services and facilities, and may be aware of proposed zoning changes that could affect your decision to buy.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to a home, can be objective about it, and can point out its advantages and disadvantages.
- A REALTOR® can act as a conduit through which you and the seller present offers and counter-offers until an agreement is reached.
- A REALTOR® can familiarize you with the closing procedures by explaining them all to you in advance.